Facts About The Permanent Makeup Procedure
- Permanent makeup for eyeliner, eyebrows and lips requires a consultation prior to the procedure
- Topical anesthetics are used before and during the procedure so discomfort is minimal
- The duration for all procedures is 2 hours
- Permanent cosmetics, while permanent, will need to be touched up approximately every 2-5 years as fading will occur. The frequency depends on your lifestyle
30 days prior to all procedures:
- Clients must be off Accutane for one year, prior to all procedures.
- Permanent Eyeliner – No lash perms or tinting should be done within 3 days of this procedure and 30 days post procedure. If you wear fake eyelashes you cannot wear them before, during, or until healing is complete post procedure. Please stop using Latisse and other lash growth serums for 1 month prior to any eyeliner procedure.
- Permanent Lips – If a client has ever had (even years ago) a fever blister, cold sore, or shingles it is necessary that you obtain a prescribed anti viral medication from your doctor or dentist; this should be taken 3 days prior, the day of your appointment and for 3 days following. Please avoid any depilatory or bleaching agents on your lip area 3 days before any lip procedure and 30 days post procedure.
1 week prior to all procedures:
- All clients must be off Retin A, Renova or any products with hydroxy acids.
- Stop taking aspirin, ibuprofen, or other blood thinning medications (if prescribed, always consult with your doctor)
- Stop taking niacin and vitamin E
- Stop taking gingko biloba, fish oils, omega 3’s, flax seed St. Johns Wart, and any “fat burners”
- Avoid sun exposure and do not tan your face
- Permanent Eyebrows – No tweezing, waxing, or tinting of eyebrow hairs should be done within 3 days of this procedure.
24 hours prior to all procedures:
- Avoid alcohol and caffeine